Thursday, November 22, 2007

No more 'Bapak'..

Nick's "The Chicken Pie & Grandpa" has inspired me to wrote this..
(Nick is the author of Anything Goes!)
Nick has told us how he missed his grandpa's chicken pie made specially for christmas eve..so touching..I almost cry..

If Nick missed his grandpa..me of course, i miss my late 'bapak'..I still remember 7 April 2004, it's about 2 years back..i knew that it will be my last time to call someone with that title 'bapak'.

For me, he'd done his responsbility in order to raised us up(8 anak). He membesarkan kami dengan sedaya yang he mampu..he ever admitted that he sad because he's not like others father which can give their children 'kesenangan & kemewahan'. But we appreciated for what he has done.

1 thing yang always keep me ingat him is when 'malam takbir'..everyone in family know that my bapak the only person yang akan busy about the preparation especially decorate the house. He will in charge on the tidiness of the house. After satisfied with his job, then only he go to sleep. And i still remember his favourite 'kuih raya'..Biskut Tat Nenas..Instead he was the only person yang berani comment on my mom biskut2 especially his favourite one's. That's why my mom said "bapak mu ni banyak betul gaya nya kalau pasal tat nenas ni, mau yang bentuk ini lah..itulah.." thats my mom babble if my dad start complain..hehehe...

On Pagi raya, he too busy with my brothers..Matching the 'kain sampin' with their baju melayu..He can drag his closet to find the better one for them..That havoc still fresh in my mind!

But now, everything has changed. No in charge for house decoration, no commentor on my mom's tat nenas, no officer to check on my brothers baju melayu...everythings none..only his spirit we keep..Eventhough a bit of 'tunggang langgang' but we the rest need to keep on the life. Now and forever he still our hero and the only bapak in our heart. Our 'kerinduan' never ending..We will miss him forever..
Al fatihah...

P/s: I also want to dedicated this to my late uncle (Pakcik Awang Sham)..our leader!!

4 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

HI, thanx for the mention. At least you got to know your dad, I never did get to know mine. My parents separated and I think I only saw him a few times before he passed away.

JieJ said...

Nick..sorry to hear that. That is the story of our life. Every one of us have a different story and i bet your mom is a wonderful women.

Shemah said...

I know exactly how you feel.. And yes, kurang kemeriahan Hari Raya nowadays, isn't it? Your dad lah dulu yang sibuk with the curtains, and the arrangement kerusi.. sambil2 cerita sama Pakcik Babau.. Only he yang pandai cerita with that pakcik sambil ber"sign language". How I miss those days.

Miss daddy too.. and all nenek-nenekku. *sigh* But I'm sure your dad and daddy will be so proud of you.. :D

JieJ said...

Yalah Shem..miss those days..